Are you suffering from sinus infection? There are many reasons why people suffer from sinus infections. It’s also possible that you may have suffered from the sinus infections several times in the past, but you may have never noticed the real reason behind it. This can be one of the reason why it keeps coming back. Some people may find it really easy to get rid of the infection. They can easily get rid of it by using anti-biotic but it would be better if there was a way to treat it with a natural way.
Sinus infection usually gets cleaned up on its own, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot speed up the process by using some of the naturally available remedies.
Let’s have a look at some of the reasons people get Sinus.
- Sensitive Sinus
- Narrow Sinus
- Smaller nasal spectrum
- Blocked nasal passage
These are some of the possible reasons that can be responsible for sinus infection.
10 natural home remedies for treating sinus infections
- Lemon Juice:
Apart from containing Vitamin C, lemon juice can also be used with water in order to get rid of sore throat and infections of sinus. This mixture can help you in getting instant relief.
- Slice the lemon into two half an extract the juice
- Mix the juice with a cup of warm water
- Add some honey as per the taste
- Take the mixture twice a day
Steam is also helpful in getting instant relief. Steam can help you in cleaning your nasal area and facilitate in breathing.
- Get some boiling water and place the same in a container
- Hold your head over the boiling water and inhale the steam through your nose.
- Do not breathe too fast or else you can burn your nose
- Repeat the process for about 2 to 3 minutes till your sinus starts to clear up.
- Keep yourself hydrated at home
Staying hydrated helps your body in different ways. It also helps in keeping your sinus moist. Drinking water throughout the day and staying away from the carbonated drinks will help you in keeping yourself hydrated. Although the recommended intake of fluid may differ from person to person, but you should at least consume about 8 glasses of water in a day. To check if you are hydrated, check the color of your urine if it’s clear you are hydrated.
- Drink a glass of water upon waking up
- Keep your water intake about 8-10 glasses per day
- You can also consume other fluids.
Garlic has unique property that makes it effective against certain types of bacteria, virus and fungi. Let us have a look how you can use garlic to treat sinus.
- Take a cup of boiled water and add a few pieces of crushed garlic in it
- Cover the cup so, that steam doesn’t get out
- Inhale the steam
- Saline Sprey
Saline spray works like magic. It thins the mucus and helps in flushing out the nasal passage. A saline wash has been found effective in many studies and can be treated as the first line of defense against sinus. If you have sinus problem, then it is recommended to use saline solution via Neti pot or any other equipment to keep sinus moist and to beef up your defense against allergies or cold.
Apart from being useful in various skin ailments and hair problems it is also quite effective against sinus issues. It actually helps in clearing up the nose so that the mucus will be removed easily. Let us have a look at the procedure to use apple cider vinegar for treating sinus issues
- Take two tablespoonfuls of apple cider vinegar with a little honey
- Add the cider, honey mixture into warm water.
- Consume this solution for about 2 to 3 times per day until you get the relief from the problem
- Use a Humidifier
A humidifier keeps the air moist. Try to keep the humidifier clean in case if you have mold allergies. A dirty humidifier can contribute in a buildup of molds. The use of humidifier should be restricted to dry months. It is also advisable to keep an eye on the humidity level of the room.
Turmeric is one such spice that helps the body in getting rid of the harmful toxins. It can also help in cleaning up your sinus cavity and allow you to breathe easily. The curcumin present in the turmeric is quite effective in cleaning up your sinus.
- Add about a tablespoon full of turmeric powder in hot water
- Mix the solution evenly and consume it about 3 times a day for effective result
- Tomato Juice
Tomato contains Vitamin A which is quite helpful in repairing and reconstructing the mucus membrane which could have suffered damage due to sinus infection.
- Boil about a cup of fresh tomato juice in a saucepan
- Add some lemon juice and evenly chopped garlic cloves
- Mix all the ingredients together and heat them for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Drink this mixture twice a day for better result.
Eucalyptus oil has unique properties to make your respiratory system stronger. It also helps in cleaning up your sinus and a stronger respiratory system makes you more immune against sinus problems.
- You can use eucalyptus oil by pouring a few drops on a piece of cloth
- Inhale the oil from the cloth for instant relief.
- You can also put some oil near your pillow or bedding for a good night’s sleep
- Using it regularly increases your immunity
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.