Do you feel each season is irritating season for you? Uncomfortable to go out thinking of the situation you might end up after coming back? Worried to smell a flower or eat something out or drink? Tired of your runny nose, sneezing, itching, and watering eyes?
You seem to have Allergy, which needs some simple and effective ayurvedic home remedies for treating it.
Allergy as most of us know is an immune system disorder. It is a situation that is caused due to abnormal reaction of immune system to usually harmless substances in surroundings. The substances that can cause a reaction are called allergens.
Allergies can be hereditary for some people while others develop Allergies at any time of their life. Allergies can be due to chemical toxins or medicines, food, dust, animals or animal hair, pollen, parasites. The common symptoms in Allergy include redness in eyes, itchiness, runny nose, eczema, hay fever, hives or asthma attack. Allergy is one of the main reasons for asthma attack in many people. Some people tend to have severe Allergies to environmental or food or medicines which leads to life threatening reaction known as anaphylaxis.
There are generally three types of Allergies;
- Respiratory Allergies – The Allergies in respiratory organs can cause cough, sneezing, runny nose, watering eyes and even asthma.
- Food Allergies – The Allergies in food can cause eczema, diarrhea, skin rashes, swelling in throat.
- Contact Allergies – The Allergies through contact can cause itching, inflammation, burning sensation and blisters.
Ayurveda tells that ama or undigested toxin in our body and low immunity are the causes for Allergy. The aggravation of three doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha can cause Allergies.
- Vata aggravation – The irritation of Vata dosha can cause headache, insomnia or anxiety.
- Pitta aggravation – The irritation of Pitta dosha can cause light fever, burning eyes, yellow nasal discharge, and skin rashes.
- Kapha aggravation – The irritation of Kapha dosha can cause weakness in body, whitish sputum, and headache due to sinuses.
There are simple home remedies that are very helpful to treat Allergies;
- Take 250 ml carrot juice, 100 ml each of beetroot juice and cucumber juice. Mix them well and drink it once every day to reduce reactions due to Allergy.
- Take 1 glass lukewarm water and extract juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix it well by adding 1 teaspoon honey and drink it empty stomach every morning.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon amlaki in 1 cup water in a vessel. Allow it to steep for some time. Strain it and drink the water. Amlaki helps to calm Allergy due to Pitta dosha.
- Try drinking tea prepared from neem leaves 3-4 times a day.
- Take quarter cup warm milk and add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder. Mix it well and drink it.
- Chyavanprash is very good for lungs. Eat it twice daily to strengthen the lungs.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Triphala churna and add in some water in a vessel. Allow it to steep for 10 min and strain it. Drink it to get relief from Allergies due to Kapha dosha.
- Take 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha with 1 cup warm milk before going to bed. Ashwagandha helps in relieving Allergies due to Vata dosha.
- Prepare ginger root tea and try having 3-4 cups a day for good relief.
- Prepare medicated sesame oil made with licorice, agaru, bilva, kantakari, lotus and nutgrass. At bedtime put one drop of this oil in each nostril for 4 weeks. This provides relief from seasonal Allergies.
- Prepare a mixture by taking 20 mgm trikatu (equal amounts of dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper powder), 250 mgm basil, and 10 mgm each of cloves, camphor, and coriander. Mix this mixture properly and take it with warm water 3 times every day till the season of Allergy is over.
- Take equal portion of dried herbs like licorice, cardamom and santalum album in 4 times water in a vessel. Allow it to steep till water reduces to 1/4th in vessel. Drink this tea for good relief.
- Eat 1-3 grams of herbs like dandelion, barberry or Echinacea every day for 2 weeks.
- Add basil leaves and eucalyptus oil in boiling water. Inhale the vapors for good relief.
- Drink tea prepared from basil leaves, cloves and camphor. Drink it every day for 2 weeks.
- To prevent frequent seasonal Allergies, there is some medicated therapeutic vomiting that is known by good ayurvedic physicians. It can be done to balance Kapha doshas.
- Yoga and deep breathing exercises are beneficial for relief from Allergies. Deep breathing or regular practice of anuloma viloma pranayama helps in preventing Allergy. Also, regular practice of kapalabhati can prevent from hay fever by increasing a person’s resilience.
Keeping your room and surrounding clean, maintaining a good hygiene, regular exercise, proper diet, drinking lots of water are some simple steps to keep Allergies away. It is also recommended to eat fruits and vegetables that increase your body’s immunity power to resist against allergens. Following the simple home remedies mentioned above can also help you recover from Allergies in a natural way.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.