“Just because I am awake… Does not mean I am ready to do things….”
Are you in the same situation? Do you always feel tired, weak, and dizzy, feel like you cannot catch a breath while climbing stairs, have headache, unusual hair loss?
You better be serious now, as you might be having Anaemia!
Anaemia is a disorder caused due to reducing red blood cells count or the amount of hemoglobin in blood. Hemoglobin cells are the ones that are responsible for carrying oxygen from lungs to different parts of the body.
Oxygen is very important for cells to perform their functions. Decrease in oxygen carrying cells causes symptoms like weakness, tiredness, dizziness, headache, hair loss, droopy eyes, fatigue, breathlessness, slow healing, etc.
Anaemia is a very common blood disorder in the world. It is noticed more in women and children than men. Pregnant women have more chances of having anaemia during their early stages of pregnancy. They are usually prescribed iron content oral pills by a doctor to avoid any complications to mother and child to be born.
Anaemia can be due to three main reasons.
- Blood loss – Blood loss can be due to trauma or gastrointestinal bleeding or menstruation or childbirth.
- Decreased red blood cell production – Decreased production of red blood cells can be due to deficiency of iron, lack of vitamin B12, thalassemia, etc.
- Increased red blood cell breakdown – Increased breakdown of red blood cells can be due to sickle cell anaemia or diseases like malaria and others.
Nutritional deficiency can also lead to Anaemia. Proper diet is very essential to get the iron content required for our body. Diet that contains more of legumes, whole grain cereals, pulses, green leafy vegetables, nuts, dates are few to name that are very rich in iron.
There are many pills that can be taken orally to cure Anaemia. However, the best way to cure Anaemia is through natural home remedies.
Some effective home remedies to cure Anaemia;
- Eat ash gourd, celery, chicory by preparing a salad. It shows very good result in increasing blood count.
- Eat leaves of fenugreek to help in building blood cells.
- Eat onion as it has rich iron content.
- Eat apple after every meal for good results.
- Beetroot is very good in providing good source of iron as well as other minerals.
- Eat fig 3-4 times a day for effective result.
- Take cold water bath twice a day to get effective results.
- Removal of body toxins is very effective in curing Anaemia. Massaging of body by professionals is required for the same.
- Yoga is very effective in helping the body to have a relaxed state. Some asanas like paschimottasana and shavasana are usually preferred.
- Take 1 glass each of beetroot juice and apple juice. Mix it well with a little honey and drink it once a day.
- Eat 1 ripe banana with 1 tablespoon honey 2 times a day.
- Take 10 currants and soak them in water overnight. Remove the seeds and eat it empty stomach for 3-4 weeks.
- Prepare a juice of an apple and tomato. Mix them well and drink it.
- Pomegranate is a good source of iron. You can either eat it directly or prepare juice and drink it.
- Try to eat dates and jaggery as they are good source of iron. You can mix them into different recipes to enjoy the taste better.
- Take Shatavari kalpa in liquid or granule form. Mix this in milk and drink it.
- The juice of punarnava is very good in curing Anaemia. Extract the juice of this plant and drink 10 ml of it for 1-2 months.
- Take 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and soak them in water for 2 hours. Drain the water off and pound the seeds to form a paste. Take 1 tablespoon honey and mix it to the paste. Eating this twice daily is very effective.
- Take 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds and soak them in warm water for 2 hours. Drain the water and pound it to form a paste. Take 1 cup milk and mix the paste to it. Add 1-2 tablespoon honey or jaggery and drink it daily.
- Mix 2 teaspoon each of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar. Add 1 cup water to this mix and drink it once daily.
- Prepare a soup by taking 1/2 cup spinach and 1 cup water. Allow it to boil and drink it by adding seasoning if required. Drink this soup twice a day for good results.
- Extract 1 glass juice of spinach leaves and add 2 teaspoon honey to it. Mix it well and drink it every day for at least 40 days.
- Eating 1-2 raw tomatoes every day is very good. You can mix them with your salads or prepare juice and drink it.
- Take some fresh parsley leaves and put it to boiling water. Allow steeping for couple of min. Add 1 teaspoon honey for taste and drink it twice or thrice daily.
- Take 8-14 raisins and soak them in 1/2 cup water overnight. Next morning eat this by adding 1 teaspoon honey to it.
- Cut 1 bottle gourd and 1/2 cup beetroot into pieces. Take 2 glasses water in a vessel. To this add sliced bottle gourd, beetroot pieces and 1 cup chopped spinach. Cover the vessel with lid and allow it to boil. Once the vegetables are cooked, take the soup and drink it daily. Eating the cooked vegetables along with soup is also effective.
- Take 5-6 cups water in a vessel and add the herbs like 1 teaspoon each of yellow dock root, stinging nettle herb, peony root, dang gui, red clover. Simmer it for 30-40 min by covering it with a lid. Add 2-3 tablespoon molasses to it. Drink this herbal tea 3 times daily for effective result. The flavor can be too strong, try adding little water and honey for taste.
A proper diet that is rich in iron and other nutrients, light exercise for proper blood circulation, reduce or stop drinking tea or coffee and the home remedies mentioned above can help to cure from Anaemia faster.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.