Do you find it difficult to swallow? Do you have fever or headache? Feeling like you have sore throat or abdominal pain?
WORRIED if you might have Strep throat?
Strep Throat is a bacterial infection that leads to inflammation and pain in throat. It is caused by bacteria known as group A streptococcus bacteria. This is observed mainly in children of 5-15 years of age. It can also come to adults and the severity can also vary from one individual to another.
Strep Throat can spread from one person to another by close contact with person having it, sneezing or coughing, hand shake or touching items used by the infected person, etc. Maintaining a good hygiene and teaching the same to kids can help you in preventing such infections from spreading.
Sore throat can always not be due to Strep Throat. Sometimes sore throat can be caused due to virus infection which can also cause runny nose, cough, red eyes and harshness. This type of infection usually clears up in few days without any treatment required.
The general symptoms that develop in 3 days of having Strep Throat are red-white patch in throat, difficulty in swallowing, swollen glands, abdominal pain, fever, uneasiness or feeling ill, loss of appetite, nausea, rashes, etc.
Strep Throat requires proper treatment. When you have Strep Throat, you need good remedial attention along with plenty of rest and liquid intake. There are some very effective ayurvedic home remedies that can help you recover Strep Throat.
Effective home remedies to treat Strep Throat;
- Drink lot of warm liquids like lemon juice and hot tea for effective result. Take lemon juice with little honey added to it. Take herbal teas to relieve pain.
- Cold liquids can help to numb the throat, so you can have cold liquids for relief from pain.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon salt in 1 cup warm water and gargle it.
- Take 1 tablespoon lemon juice and add 1/2 teaspoon each black pepper powder and salt. Mix them well and try to heat a little. Take this mix lukewarm once every day for good result.
- Take 1 glass hot water and add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder to it. Mix them well and wait till it is lukewarm. Gargle this water 2 times a day for good result.
- Prepare tea with grated ginger and sip it hot.
- Take 2-3 cloves and add it to boiling water. When the water is lukewarm, gargle with this water for reducing cough.
- Take some garlic pieces and pound them well to form paste. Extract the juice of garlic from this paste. Add 3-4 drops of this juice into 1/2 or 1/4 glass of water and drink it.
- Add 1 spoonful of cider vinegar into water and use that water for gargling.
- Soak sliced white onions with honey for overnight. Next morning take 1 tablespoon of collected syrup 3 times a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to 1 cup warm water. Gargle several times a day with this warm water.
- Take some fresh tulsi leaves or basil leaves and add it to boiling water. Once it is warm drink this water. You can also gargle with this water.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of fennel seeds, black pepper corn, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and dry ginger. Grind and mix them well. Add the powder to 2 cups boiling water for 5-6 min. Strain the water and drink it hot or warm.
- Try drinking hot and sour chicken soup to relieve pain and you get proper nutrients.
- Inhaling steam is also very effective. Try placing humidifiers in room. Inhaling the fumes of eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil is very effective.
- Take 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 3 clove and grated garlic. Mix this well and try to chew and swallow 1/2 teaspoon of this mix every half an hour. This helps to kill the bacteria that cause Strep Throat.
- Drinking lot of water will help you stay hydrated. It also helps to moisten sore throat. Try taking only liquid diet like soups, yogurt, ice creams.
- Gargling several times a day with herbal tincture of Echinacea is very effective.
- Try taking licorice, slippery elm or marshmellows as it reduces inflammation and irritation. For better result, try having it together.
- Tincture prepared from barberry, coptis, Oregon grape root or golden seal is very effective. Take 15-20 drops in 1/4 cup of water 3 times every day for 10 consecutive days.
- Take some kava kava herb and add it to boiling water. Allow this water to become lukewarm and then gargle with this water.
- You can either chew sage leaves or extract its juice and drink it.
- Tea prepared from chamomile is also very effective in treating Strep Throat.
If you have Strep Throat, try not going out as it can spread to others. Maintain a good hygiene by washing hands properly and using hand sanitizer if required. Throw away the items like brush and other things used when you had Strep Throat. This eliminates the chances of getting back the infection. Follow the simple home remedies to treat Strep Throat. If you still find the symptoms, kindly consult a doctor and go for a thorough examination.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.