Female infertility is said to arise when a woman is not able to get pregnant after trying for at least one year. Recurrent miscarriages are also signs of infertility. This problem can arise due to several issues like hormonal problems, the lifestyle of a person, physical problems and the environmental factors. In most of the cases, infertility is associated with the problems of producing eggs. One of which is the premature ovarian failure and the other is the polycystic ovary syndrome.
Symptoms of Infertility in Women:
- Infrequent Ovulation: About 20% of infertility issues arise on account of this. In the case of this issue, your periods occur in a gap of more than a month or they are absent. This can be due to body stress, obesity, rapid weight loss, etc. This syndrome prevents the ovary from releasing an egg. You may also face other hormonal abnormalities due to this problem.
- The Shape Or Lining Of The Uterus Is Not Normal: Uterine polyps or fibroid tumors may result in pelvic pain; heavy menstrual bleeding or the uterus gets enlarged. Sometimes, a scar tissue develops in the uterine cavity which leads to miscarriages, surgical procedures or abortions.
- Fallopian Tubes Get Scarred: This symptom prevents the egg from travelling into the uterus resulting in infertility. Any previous surgery or tubal pregnancy may be the cause of such infections in the Fallopian tubes.
The Prime Causes of Ovulation Failure:
- Hormonal Problems: The process of ovulation gets hindered whenever there is an imbalance of hormones in the body and their interactions fail.
- Premature Menopause: Sometimes, women begin to face menopause before the normal age which is one of the rare causes of ovulation failure.
- Cervical Causes: In this condition, the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal which can be either to due to any previous surgery or abnormal mucus production.
- Follicle Problems: This is an abnormal syndrome in which the follicle fails to rupture and the egg remains inside.
Poor Functioning Of the Fallopian Tubes:
The vital issues that result in tubal damage are:
- Abdominal Diseases: Appendicitis or colitis causes inflammation in the abdominal cavity. This affects the fallopian tubes which lead to blockage and scarring.
- Infection: The transmission of bacteria and viruses is the cause of inflammation which results in blockages.
- Congenital Defects:This symptom is since birth in a woman who is born with tubal abnormalities.
Things That Increase the Risk of Infertility in Women:
- Poor diet
- Being overweight or underweight
- Health issues that result in hormonal changes.
How Does Aging Result In Infertility?
- Ovaries become less capable of releasing eggs
- Eggs are not healthy
- There are more chances of having a miscarriage
- Smaller numbers of eggs are left.
How Long Should You Continue Trying Before Visiting Your Doctor?
After the age of 30 there is a rapid decrease in women of having a baby. You must call your doctor when you see the following:
- Irregular periods
- Very painful periods
- More than one miscarriage
Ayurveda Work Wonders on Infertility:
More and more women are turning to herbs to improve the chances of pregnancy. This is because of the fact that herbs do not have any side effect and has proved to be successful in many such cases. Look into the list below which can be of great help to you:
- Supari: This assists in the healthy production of female hormones and helps to relieve congestion of abdominal area and the blood. A healthy female reproductive system is maintained which eases the menopausal transition. The retentive power of the uterus is also enhanced by betel nuts.
- Shatavari: Asparagus or shatavari is a herb that helps to regulate hormonal secretion. It nourishes and cleanses the blood along with the reproductive organs which help to enhance fertility in women. This herb contains phyto-estrogens which are helpful for women who are suffering from low natural estrogen levels which are a cause of menopause.
- Ashwagandha: This herb helps in mending female infertility. It prevents premature menopause and is also known to treat complex infertility problems in women.
- Gotu Kola: It is an adaptogen that helps to reduce nervous tension and increases the sexual desire. This, in turn, increases the percentage of conceiving.
- Ashoka: Ashoka, also known by the name Saraca Indica is a small evergreen tree. The bark of this tree contains an estrogenic compound which has a stimulating effect on the endometrium and ovarian tissue. It is also useful in the treatment of internal bleeding, leucorrhoea and menorrhagia.
- Lodhra: The bark of this stem has anti-inflammatory properties and is used to treat several female disorders. The astringent bark of this tree is recommended to treat menorrhagia and other uterine disorders.
- Ghrit Kumari: This perennial plant also called aloe vera has been known to treat many diseases related to skin, liver and digestive disorders. It has been seen in studies that aloe vera increases the production of progesterone and oestradiol by the ovarian cells.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.