What is an allergy?
An allergy is an unusual condition wherein our immune system responds exaggeratedly to any texture or material acting like an irritating agent to the body. In common terminology, an allergy is also known as hypersensitivity.
Causes of Allergy
There are numerous causes can that lead to allergies. Certain foods such as eggs or meat, dust, and pollens, feathers, animal dander, clothes, dirt, fabrics, cosmetics such as body lotion, soap, face creams and many other factors are responsible for causing allergy.
Home remedies for allergies
There are several home remedies available which can help you get rid of allergies. We will focus on some of them.
- Applying avocado paste on rashes is an effective home remedy against allergy
- Another effective home remedies that help get rid of allergies is the use of honey. However, while purchasing honey, see to it that you buy pure honey(preferably unprocessed raw honey).
- One of the best home remedies for curing allergies is drinking green tea. It contains the natural antihistamine. Drink at least 1-2 cups of green tea every day. Add some honey to it for taste. If you are not that fond of green tea, then you can also drink black tea as it is from the same plant family as the green tea.
- Chamomile tea is also popular when it comes to home remedies for curing allergies. Drinking two to three cups a day of chamomile tea can help fight allergies.
- Apple acid vinegar is also one of the effective home remedies for allergies. All you have to do is add some vinegar in water and with the help of the gauze piece apply it on your body. You can also add the mixture to your bathtub for better results.
- One of the trusted and time-tested home remedy for allergy is ginger. Just peel and crush one piece of fresh ginger and then keep it in a mug and pour hot water over it. Allow it to stay in the water for 5-10 minutes and consume it for a minimum once a day.
- The other best home remedies especially for allergies such as rashes is melting potato flour in one glass of water and then adding the mixture in a bucket full of water or a bathtub. You can then bath/ relax in the bathtub for at least thrice a day to get rid of rashes. These were some of the home remedies that help treat allergies. If you follow these home remedies in the right way and the right manner, you can easily get rid of allergies.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.