What are cracked heels?
Cracked heels are a result of your apathy towards taking proper care of your feet. In medical terms, cracked heels are also known as heel fissures. These fissures are linear cut wounds which mostly affect the epidermal layer of the feet.
Causes of cracked heels:
Prolong standing, being overweight, thick dry skin (callus) or thick dry skin, wearing back-open shoes or sandals, deficiency of minerals, vitamins and zinc, Eczema, Diabetes, unhygienic, dry scaly skin are some of the causes that lead to cracked heels. If you also have cracked heels then there is no need to worry as there are many home remedies that help in treating cracked heels.
Home remedies for cracked heels:
- For about ten minutes, soak your feet in lemon juice. Do this on weekly basis for better results.
- Similarly you can also soak your feet in lukewarm water. This loosens the tight dead skin from the heels as well as soles.
- Rub onion oil on the itches and skin rashes to get rid of cracked heels.
- Avoid wearing wet socks or shoes.
- Foot spray and powder when sprayed and applied in the shoes also prevents cracked heels.
- Walk barefoot on the grass surface. Do this early morning as it helps to rejuvenate the feet as well as improves the eyesight.
- Put pressure on the points and massage the feet to avoid cracked heels.
- Rub pumic stone to get rid of cracked heels.
- Drink pots of water. This helps to keep the skin hydrated and makes it supple and soft which in turn avoids cracked heels.
- Wash your feet properly and thoroughly whenever you come home from outside. Prior to going to bed, wash your feet. This will prevent cracked heels.
- Scrub the dead skin out of the foot with the help of a foot scrubber. This is also one of the proven remedies that help to get rid of cracked heels.
- Massage your feet with foot cream or apply petroleum jelly. You can also apply your daily motion.
- Cut the nails of the feet regularly and keep them in good shape.
- Avoid wearing shoes which are not comfortable for you. Don’t wear shoes that are too tight. Avoid wearing high heels especially if your feet are paining.
These were some of the home remedies which you can use to get rid of cracked heels. Apart from these you also need to take good care of the feet to prevent cracked heels.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Most of the ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have less side effects.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kinds of ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified ayurvedic doctor only and contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.