What is Gastritis?
Gastritis is a condition which occurs when some injury fills the wall of the stomach with the white blood cells. It also refers to as some mild inflammation, infection or irritation to the lining of the stomach. People who have iron deficiency are more vulnerable towards gastritis.
Causes of Gastritis:
Causes of gastritis are plenty. High intake of spicy foods, consumption of alcohol, pernicious anemia, bacterial and viral infections and peptic ulcer are some of the factors that cause gastritis. If you are also gasped by gastritis then there is no need to worry as there are several home remedies that help to get rid of gastritis.
Home Remedies for Gastritis:
- Drinking loads of water and juices help in getting rid of gastritis.
- Drink lemon juice.
- Chew some pieces of ginger before taking meals. It stimulates the process of digestion and prevents gastritis.
- Drink coconut water. It is known for bringing the stomach to normal condition in just a few hours.
- Chew some fennel seeds. Do this especially after having meals.
- Drink some tamarind water with a mixture of cumin and asafetida water.
- Similarly a mixture of curd and buttermilk with cumin and asafetida water also effectively helps to cure gastritis.
- Drink some potato juice before having meals.
- Apply some hot compressor on the stomach or use hot water bottle.
- Eat some pieces of garlic rolled in with dry grapes.
Apart from using these home remedies you also need to make some changes to your diet. Avoid eating foods like pastries, sour foods, all type of fast foods, and spices such as chilies and condiments. Avoid the intake of alcohol and nicotine.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Most of the ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have less side effects.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kinds of ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified ayurvedic doctor only and contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.