What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a yellowish substance in our body. Though vital, an excess of it can lead to various diseases. The primary function of cholesterol is the transportation of fats. It also plays several other roles such as protecting the muscular membrane and red blood cells and also serves as the defense mechanism.
Causes of Cholesterol:
Obesity, High blood pressure, intake of an excess of fats in the diet, stress, excessive drinking and smoking, diabetes and stress are some of the most common causes of high levels of cholesterol in the body. If you are also gasped with cholesterol, then there is no need to worry as there are many home remedies that reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Home Remedies for Cholesterol:
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water on a daily basis. This is because; water enhances the excretory functions of the kidneys thereby reducing the level of cholesterol in the body.
- Add some coriander seeds in one glass of water and boil the water. Drink this mixture when the water is lukewarm. Coriander seeds are one of the best home remedies that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in the body. Similarly, drinking coriander water also helps in reducing the levels of cholesterol in the body.
- Drinking onion juice is also one of the best home remedies that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in the body. It also helps to cleanse the blood, regulates the heart action, cures insomnia and enhances digestive system.
- Apply some mudpack on the abdomen. This is because; it activates the kidneys and enhances the function of the liver and hence also helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol in the body.
- Eat Oat Bran. This is also one of the best home remedies that reduce the levels of cholesterol in the blood.
- Boil some cinnamon sticks in five cups of water and add a tsp of honey and consume it when it is lukewarm. This is one of the proven home remedies that helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol from the body.
- Eat more and more of wheat yeasts and germs. This is because; they are rich in Vitamin B6 and inositol and choline which contribute towards reduction of the cholesterol levels in the body.
Use these home remedies and successfully bring down the levels of cholesterol from your body. Apart from using these home remedies you also need to makes some changes to your diet. Avoid eating oily foodstuffs and increase the intake of fibers in your diet.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.