Insomnia is nothing but a condition wherein an individual has difficulty in sleeping at night. Sleeplessness affects the daily chores of our lifestyle. In its severe form, some of the people need to take sleeping pills to sleep at night and may ruin day time where patients feel drowsy the whole day. Memory loss, concentration and health degradation are few immediate side effects of insomnia. It is advisable that insomnia should be treated as soon as possible to control the adverse consequences it leaves behind. Remember, insomnia is a treatable disease and health can be restored thereafter.
Causes of Insomnia:
Stress, anxiety, tension, anger, constipation, bitterness, overeating excessive consumption of tea and coffee, chain smoking are some of the common factors that cause sleeplessness or insomnia. If you are also facing difficulties in sleeping at night or are suffering from insomnia, then don’t panic as you can easily get rid of insomnia with several home remedies already tested by many and restore your lost health.
Home remedies for Insomnia:
- Sleeping at your fixed time and waking up at your regular time can help you to get rid of insomnia.
- Drink a cup of milk with some honey.
- Another best home remedy to treat insomnia is drinking milk extracted from poppy seeds. Drink this milk every day after having your dinner and you will be able to treat insomnia quite easily.
- Hot fomentations are also a proven home remedies for insomnia.
- Eat three cups of curd every day.
- Consuming salad of raw onions can also effectively solve the problem of insomnia.
- Take sesame oil and bottle gourd juice in equal quantities and massage this mixture into your scalp every night. You can also cook leaves of bottlegourd and eat them as the vegetable to get rid of insomnia.
- Drink fresh juice made up of valerian wallichi and drink it before going to bed.
- Mash a ripe banana and mix roasted cumin seeds into it and eat it before going to bed.
- Add lettuce seeds in boiled water and drink it to treat sleeplessness.
- Add more and more foods rich in Vitamins B in your diet. Eat foods such as pulses, wholegrain cereals and nuts as these are very effective in treating insomnia.
- Take some chamomile flowers, valeria and hops and add it in a cup of boiling water and strain the mixture and drink it before sleeping. This is also one of the proven home remedies that help in treating insomnia.
These were some of the home remedies that effectively help to get rid of insomnia. If it doesn’t help never, forget to visit an ayurvedic doctor. There are many medicines available to treat such conditions efficiently.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.