What are mouth ulcers?
A mouth ulcer is a sore in the mouth that causes pain. It appears on the lips, tongue, inside the cheeks and on the gums. A burning sensation and tingling are some of the signs of mouth ulcer. They can occur either in clusters or can also be single. They are generally yellow or white in color.
Causes of mouth ulcers:
Biting the cheek, stress, hormonal imbalance, food allergies, skin disease and bowel disease are some of the common factors that cause mouth ulcers. If you are also gasped with the pains of mouth ulcers then there is no need to worry as there are many home remedies that help to get rid of mouth ulcers.
Home remedy for mouth ulcers:
- Boil some coriander leaves and gargle with them when the water is lukewarm. Do this for at least 3-4 times a day and see the difference.
- Eat raw tomatoes or gargle with the juice of tomatoes for at least three to four times a day. This is one of the best home remedies for mouth ulcers.
- Take some hot water in a cup and chilled water in another cup. Gargle alternatively with cold and hot water. This effectively cures the mouth ulcers.
- Chew five to six pieces of holy basil leaves and drink some water. Do this for at least 5-6 times whenever you get mouth ulcers.
- Gargle with coconut milk for at least thrice a day and see the difference. This is one of the proven home remedies for mouth ulcers.
- Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and glycerin. This is one of the best home remedies for mouth ulcers.
- Apply a small mixture of sugar candy and camphor on the ulcer. This is the simplest home remedy that helps to get rid of mouth ulcers.
- Eat banana and curd early in the morning and avoid eating hot and spicy foods.
- Massage the gums with a mixture of coconut oil and honey. This is one of the proven home remedies for mouth ulcers.
- Avoid the intake of beverages such as tea and coffee.
- Apply a paste of Indian gooseberry and apply it directly on the ulcer. Do this for at least twice a day and see how it cures the ulcers. This is one of the best home remedies for mouth ulcers.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Most of the ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have less side effects.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kinds of ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified ayurvedic doctor only and contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.