There are some health issues which people don’t like to discuss with others. People usually feel embarrassed to share it even if they are struggling and need help. One such problem or disease is Piles or haemorrhoids.
Piles or haemorrhoids are nothing but swollen blood vessels in or around anus and rectum. The increased pressure of internal or external veins around anus can cause Piles. The infection of internal veins cannot be felt until they become severe while the infection on external veins can be felt as there will be pain while passing motion.
Some of the reasons why an individual gets Piles are constipation, diarrhea, in pregnant women the increased weight of baby, increased blood flow, heavy weight lifting jobs, consumption of too much spices and condiments.
Piles usually affect people who have a long history of indigestion and constipation. Constipation can lead to hard stools which are difficult to pass and hence can cause severe discomfort leading to rupture of the swollen blood vessel.
Piles are usually observed in people around the age group 45-65. A less fiber diet, sedentary lifestyle where there is long hours of sitting in one position, no proper exercise, hereditary problems, and less water intake are some factors that can lead to Piles.
Here are some natural home remedies to help you in treating Piles.
- Take 1 radish and pound it. Now add little milk to form a paste. Apply this paste in and around anal opening. After 15 min wash it off with water. Repeat it 2 times a day.
- Take 1 tablespoon cumin seed powder and add little water to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on affected area and wash it off with clean water after 15 min. Repeat this 2 times a day.
- Take 1 piece ginger and pound it to form a paste. Now take handful of mint leaves or podina and pound it well to form a paste. Take 1 teaspoon of ginger paste in which add 2 teaspoon mint leaves paste. Mix this well and squeeze it to extract the juice. Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon honey to it. Mix them well and drink this 2 times a day.
- Take some sesame oil and apply it on affected area. Later do warm fomentation which means warm moist compress or sitting in warm water.
- Prepare an ointment by mixing equal proportion of powdered long pepper and turmeric in cow’s milk. Apply this paste on affected area.
- Try eating 4 figs twice a day in morning and evening. Soak 4 figs in water for overnight. Next morning eat those figs. Soak another 4 figs to be had in evening. Repeat this everyday for 4 weeks.
- Take 1 tablespoon black cumin seeds. Roast them and mix it with 1 tablespoon unroasted black cumin seeds. Grind them well to form a fine powder. Take 1/2 teaspoon of this powder with 1 glass water once everyday.
- Drink radish juice once in morning and night for good result. You can start with 1/4 cup and later increase it to 1/2 cup gradually over a period of 1 month.
- Take 1 ripe banana and allow it to boil in 1 glass milk. Once it is boiled, mash it well and eat it 3-4 times a day.
- Take some bitter gourd leaves and pound them well to extract its juice. Mix 3 teaspoon of this juice in 1 glass buttermilk and drink it on empty stomach every morning for 1 month.
- Take 1 glass buttermilk. Add 1/4 teaspoon carom seed powder and pinch of salt to it and drink it.
- Eat more of fiber rich fruits and vegetables.
- Try to keep yourself active by doing some exercises.
- Try to include curd or yogurt in your diet every day. Curd or yogurt helps improve digestion.
- Take juices of lemon, ginger and fresh mint. Mix them well and add little honey to it. Drink this everyday for improving digestion.
- Try to take more fluids either as water or fresh fruit juices everyday. Water content in body helps in digestion and also while passing stools.
- Eat more of papaya, mango seeds, sesame seeds, rice, wheat, bitter gourd, turnip, radish, ginger, onion, etc.
- Take 1 teaspoon castor oil and mix it with milk. Drink this everyday to help soften stools making it easier to pass.
- Extract the juice of turnip leaves and drink it.
- Take some olive oil and heat little. Apply this warm oil on affected area.
- Take some flowers of tamarind and extract its juice. Drink it to see effective results.
- Along with neem leaves, its flowers are also very effective in treating Piles.
- Take 5 basil leaves and soak it in 1 glass of water. After 30 min drink this water.
- Take some baking soda and apply it on swollen area.
- Prepare a decoction with fruit peel of harad. Add 1 cup of jaggery and have it before going to bed.
- Take 11 rose petals and pound them in 50 ml water. Take this for 3 days on empty stomach.
- Taking Triphala churna daily is very effective for digestion. You can also use it externally. Add 10 teaspoons Triphala churna in a tub filled with warm water. Now sit in this tub immersing your lower body for 30 min.
- Take 30 ml Abhayarista dissolved in equal quantity of water before going to bed.
- Take 1to 2 Arshoghivati tablets with warm water or butter milk 3-4 times daily.
An individual with a proper diet, exercise and intake of water can avoid all possibilities of getting Piles. Try eating more fruits like fig, oranges, kiwis, strawberries, blackberries, pears, bananas,etc. Drink more water, soups, milk, buttermilk, fresh fruit juices, etc. Practice simple yoga and meditation if not go for a small walk or swimming. The above listed home remedies can provide you easy ways to get rid of Piles. If the symptoms still remain, kindly consult a doctor for proper examination.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.