Brushing twice a day is still not helping you with bad breath? Do you often see blood while brushing? Is your gums dark red in color? Or do you have pus in your gums?
Worried? You better be as you might be having Pyorrhea. It is a painless gum disease that is usually not noticed by everyone.
Pyorrhea is also known as periodontitis which is caused due to many inflammatory diseases affecting the tissues surrounding and supporting the teeth. Pyorrhea can lead to gradual loss of alveolar bone around the teeth. If it is not treated at right time, Pyorrhea can lead to loosening and falling of teeth.
Pyorrhea is caused by the attack of microorganisms on the gums and teeth. These microorganisms survive and multiply from the food that is left on the teeth. It is generally a slow process where the microorganisms are formed on the space between teeth and gums. It creates acid, enzymes and toxins that lead to tooth decay.
Pyorrhea is generally caused due to improper brushing or brushing aggressively, not maintaining a good oral hygiene, poor nutrition, lack of resistance of gums, diabetes, high sugar and carbohydrates content in diet, smoking, and too much alcohol consumption.
Some people can have signs of painful, bleeding and swollen gums due to Pyorrhea. There are also chances of gums getting filled with pus and you can notice tooth decay. The last stage in Pyorrhea leads to loosening and falling out of teeth.
Some simple and effective home remedies for treating Pyorrhea;
- After brushing your teeth, dip a cotton ball in mix of mustard oil and little salt. Rub this over the gums.
- Drink fresh lemon juice daily to stop bleeding gums.
- If you have pain in gums, gargling with sesame oil after brushing your teeth in night is very effective.
- Try to chew guava leaves or unripe guava for bleeding gums. Guava has high content of Vitamin C which helps to keep teeth healthy.
- Prepare a juice of raw spinach with equal portion of carrot juice and have it.
- Onion has good amount of anti bacterial property. Chew 1 raw onion to kill the germs and instant relief from bleeding gums.
- Orange has high Vitamin C content and hence is very helpful for tooth problems. Try to rub the skin of orange on teeth and gums.
- Chew leaves of lettuce vegetable before every meal for preventing and curing Pyorrhea.
- Pepper powder with salt acts as a very good dentifrice. Take it for effective relief from bleeding gums, sensitive teeth, etc.
- Soak some wheat in water for 10 min. Chewing this wheat is a good exercise for teeth and gums. Exercise of teeth and gums helps in blood circulation. Proper blood circulation among teeth and gums can remove the chances of pus formation and bleeding gums.
- Take powder of pomegranate rind mixed with salt and pepper which forms a good dentifrice for bacterial infection.
- Apply marjoram oil twice a day on gums for relief from pus in gums.
- Mix dried and powdered holy basil leaves with mustard oil. Rub this on tooth and gums for relief.
- Make a paste of babul wood charcoal, rock salt and roasted alum in ratio 5:1:1 for instant relief.
- Chewing fresh bark of babul helps in stopping bleeding gums.
- Drinking 1 glass of water with 1 tablespoon honey every morning is very good for teeth and gums.
- After meals try chewing cloves. Clove acts as mouth freshener as well as it is good for strong teeth and gums.
- Avoid eating too hot or too cold items together, like drinking a hot coffee or tea just after eating ice cream.
- Take some parwal leaves, ginger, black pepper, peepal root and rock salt into 1 bowl water. Boil it for some time to form decoction. Strain it with a cloth and use this water for gargling to get relief.
- Eat 1 bowl chopped cabbage and 1 banana every day for relief from gum diseases.
- Take 1 raw papaya and eat it for relief from bleeding gums.
- Take 4 -5 cinnamon barks in a vessel of water for 1 hour. Allow it to cool down and strain the water. Gargle your mouth with this water.
- Make a paste with 1 spoonful of pure ghee and some camphor. Mix this well and apply it on gums 2 times a day.
For natural teeth cleaning, try to munch apple or guava or radish or cucumber after your meals. Toothpicks are harmful for gums hence try using silk thread to clean between teeth. Try to have a good oral hygiene, brush properly twice daily, scaling and flossing are some simple and effective ways along with natural home remedies that can prevent Pyorrhea.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.