Hair loss is a common problem faced by many. Baldness in men is at least accepted in the society, but it is not the same for women. Just like any other part of our body, hair is also considered to be part of our body. So taking care of them has always been significant.
Nowadays increasing workloads have resulted in stress and anxiety, which are some of the common causes of hair loss. Some of the causes can be linked to hormones. In men, the sexual hormone testosterone is converted to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is responsible for hair loss or pattern baldness. The same hormone in women called androgen when in excess causes hair loss. This hormonal imbalance in women appears during and after pregnancy and around menopause.
Baldness can be avoided if you follow these guidelines;
There are many herbs available which help to reduce hair fall. Some of these are:
1. Saw Palmetto
2. Stinging Nettle
3. Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis)
4. Pygeum (Pygeum africanum): Africa
5. Dong Quai: Chinese
6. He Shou Wu (Polygonum multiflorum): Chinese
7. Channelled Wrack (Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract)
8. Ginseng: Chinese
Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, Pygeum, Dong Quai curbs production of DHT. Green tea and Ginseng inhibit production of 5-alpha reductase which converts testosterone to DHT. Channelled Wrack contains isoflavones which have anti-oxidant properties like vitamin E. used to promote hair regrowth. This and Dong Quai are prescribed for hair loss cure for women.
• Diet: Vitamins A, B, E are essential in your diet for healthy hair. Vitamin A acts as an anti-oxidant and helps in the production of sebum in scalp. Vitamin E stimulates blood circulation which helps to keep hair follicles productive, but excess may harm your hair. Vitamin B also helps in blood circulation. Eating a small amount of white sesame seeds regularly adds calcium and magnesium to the body which assist in strengthening hair follicles.
• Massage: Massaging the scalp thrice a week improves blood circulation. Rubbing vigorously activates the sebaceous glands. Massaging with the aid of oil helps to nourish and strengthen the roots. Coconut, almond, and sesame oil can be used for massages. Bhringraj (Eclipta Elba) oil, Amala oil, and Arnica oil are also very useful. Ayurvedic preparation Bhringraj (Eclipta Elba), Amala, corals, iron and black sesame seeds are very useful, and even stops the graying of hair.
• Washing: Washing hair with Amala (Embilica Officinalis) and Shikakai (Acacia Concinna) nourishes them.
• Ayurvedic tips: “pitta dosha” in the body can cause hair fall. It is caused by excessive intake of alcohol, tea, coffee, meat and due to spicy, oily, sour, acidic foods. Some of the ayurvedic remedies for hair loss:
1. Apply coconut oil with lime juice daily.
2. Drink lettuce and spinach juice. It can also be mixed with alfalfa.
3. Wash hair with paste of fried black beans and fenugreek 2-3 times a week,
4. Make the paste of licorice in milk or paste of lemon and black pepper and apply on bald patches for hair growth.
• Yoga and meditation: It also helps to improve blood circulation and relieve stress. Yoga poses like headstand, standing forward bend and shoulder stand helps.
Ayurveda is a sure-fire way to get rid of hair loss and balding.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Most of the ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have less side effects.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kinds of ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified ayurvedic doctor only and contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.