People with the Vata dosha are the one who are good of strength; they are agile, restless and have a fast metabolism rate. They have little muscle development with protruding joints making them very active and energetic. This is why they always have to maintain a very healthy diet and a lifestyle full of exercises to support their agility. Their skin is dry and rough which looks as if deprived of any nourishment. It is therefore recommended to take a vitamin and mineral supplementing diet for providing energy and nourishing the skin.
All those energetic qualities that come with your Vata dosha can be given a form by just sticking to the diet. It is very significant to know what to eat and what not to, to stay away from diseases and stomach disorders.
- You should eat more sweet food. Warm, moist and heavy food works best for you. Bitter food is not for you. Dry, cold and light food should be avoided. You can have vegetables like asparagus, avocados, carrots, beets, eggplant, olives, leeks, radish, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato and zucchini. But you should eat less frozen or raw vegetables like peas, sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, corn, cucumber, celery, mushrooms, lettuce, and potatoes.
- Apricots, cherries, banana, peaches, fresh figs, mangoes, dates, citrus fruits, papaya, pineapple, grapes, plums, and berries are the healthiest choice for you in the fruits category. But fruits like dried fruits, pears, apples, prunes, melons, cranberries and pomegranates are not that good for your digestive system.
- Grains like rice, wheat, pasta and oats should be taken in more quantity and others like buckwheat, barley rye, millet, corn, puffed or dry cereals, and rice cakes should not be eaten more.
- Soy and mung beans are good for you, but navy, kidney, pinto, Lima, lentils, split peas, black and white beans are not that good for you.
- Dry or roasted nuts and even smoked nuts are not good for you. Nuts in moderation like the sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds should regularly be eaten.
- Powdered milk and ice creams may not be the best option for you, but you can have some dairy products in moderation. Other than corn oil, every oil is great for your health especially sesame oil.
- In herbs and spices, asafoetida, caraway, basil, sage, clove, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, garlic, fennel, ginger, onion, turmeric and nutmeg can have the best effects on your health. But avoid coriander seeds, parsley, and fenugreek seeds.
- In beverages, warm drinks like warm milk, fruit, and vegetable juice (without ice) and herbal and spiced tea are best for you. Coffee, tea, cold or iced drinks, carbonated drinks, and alcohol, should be avoided as far as possible.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.