Seeing hair everywhere? People are complaining that there is more hair on the ground than on the head? Worried that your gray hairs make you look more aged than you are?
Stop Worrying! As the more you worry, you end up losing more hair than expected. Shocked? You better be as it is important for you to know that stress, worry, no proper nutrition are some of the major reasons for Hair Loss and premature Graying.
In this world of fast life, people tend to forget about their body and are more worried about the future. Worrying, carrying the stress of office to home, working late, no proper sleep, no proper food, no proper nutrition, less intake of water, etc. can cause an immense effect on your body. One of the ways this negative effect on body is shown through Hair Loss and premature Graying.
It is normal to shed some hairs as the old hair strands fall off and give way to new hair strands. Similarly, it is normal to have gray hairs after a certain age. You have to take extra care of your hair when you see excessive Hair Loss or premature Graying. This is an indication that your hair needs care or proper attention.
According to Ayurveda, the aggravation of pitta dosha in body results in Hair Loss and premature Graying. Pitta usually gets collected at the skin of the scalp resulting in excessive falling of hair and Graying.
Hair Loss or premature Graying are caused due to some of the reasons like stress, less nutrition to scalp due to improper diet, deficiency of vitamins like vitamin B, iron, copper, iodine, irregular cleaning of the scalp, using very hot water for washing hair, too much blow drying, excess use of hair color, and hereditary reasons.
There are simple home remedies to help you prevent Hair Loss and Graying;
- Take 4-5 fresh Indian gooseberries or Amla. Cut them, remove the seeds and grind them well to form a paste. Apply this paste on scalp for 15-20 min and then wash it off with clean water.
- Take 7-8 fresh curry leaves and crush them. Add 3 tablespoon coconut oil and heat this for 5-7 min. Massage the scalp with this oil when it is lukewarm.
- Take 1 teaspoon lemon juice and add 2 teaspoon almond oil to it. Mix them well and massage it on the scalp.
- It is advised to include curry leaves in your daily diet.
- Take some Indian gooseberries or amla and cut them. Keep it under the sun for drying and once dried mix it with coconut oil and mix it vigorously till it becomes powdery. Apply this on scalp and hair.
- Use Ashwagandha on the scalp to prevent premature Graying. Ashwagandha helps in increasing melanin content in your hair follicles.
- A decoction prepared with amla if applied daily can cure gray hair in 15 days. Prepare this decoction by soaking few pieces of amla for few hours. Add 1 spoon of eucalyptus oil and leave this mixture in iron container overnight. Apply this decoction with an egg, lemon juice and curd every morning on scalp and hair.
- Grate some ginger and mix it with 1 tablespoon honey. Take this daily for preventing hair turning gray.
- Take some coconut oil and lemon juice. Apply this on scalp for good results.
- Massage your scalp with ghee or clarified butter twice a week.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 spoon henna powder, 1 spoon fenugreek paste, 2 spoons basil leaves paste, 3 spoons coffee, 3 spoons mint juice, and 1 spoon mint juice. Regular application of this mixture on scalp is very good.
- Take some henna leaves and soak it overnight. Grind it well next morning to form a paste. Now add walnut pulp to it and apply on scalp and hair.
- Take some ribbed gourd and boil it in coconut oil for 3-4 hours till it turns black. Massage the scalp with this oil once cooled or lukewarm for effective result against Graying.
- Regular use of brahmi oil helps in hair growth.
- Massage your scalp with almond oil or olive oil regularly.
- Take some fenugreek seeds and pound them well in water to form a paste. Apply this on scalp and wash it off after 40 min. Repeat this every morning for 1 month if it is suiting you.
- Massage your scalp gently with warm castor oil and almond oil. Cover your head with hot towel to allow the oil to be absorbed into hair. Doing this twice a week is good for hair.
- Take some lemon leaves and boil it in water. Once cooled, rinse your hair with this water.
- Take 1 cup strong tea and add 1 tablespoon salt to it. Mix it well and massage scalp and hair with this mixture. Wash it off after 1 hour.
- Extract the juice of onion and apply it on scalp for preventing hair loss, graying and baldness.
- Take 1 gm black pepper and mix 1/2 cup curd. Massage scalp with this mixture. You can also add lemon juice to this mixture.
- Take some chamomile powder and boil it in water for 20 min. Strain this water and after it cools down, massage onto scalp and hair.
- In 1 cup water take equal portion of rosemary and sage leaves. Allow to steep and sieve the liquid to use as hair colorant. Direct application of rosemary oil is also very good for hair.
- Take equal quantity of almond oil, lemon juice and amla juice. Apply this mixture on hair.
- Take 3-4 pods of shikakai and 10-12 soap nut seeds to soak in 1 jug of water and leave it overnight. Next morning boil this and store it in a container as this can be used as a shampoo. Take some pieces of amla separately and soak it overnight. Next morning boil it and store it in a container. This can be used as a conditioner. This natural shampoo and conditioner helps prevents various problems of hair like hair fall, graying, dullness, etc.
- Take some fresh guava leaves and pound them to form a paste. Apply this paste on scalp and hair.
- Extract the juice from amaranth and apply it on hair.
- Take 60 gm fresh henna leaves and add it to 250 gm mustard oil. Allow it to boil till the leaves burn. Apply this oil on scalp and hair once cooled or lukewarm.
- Apply ashwagandha on scalp for treating gray hairs.
- Try to take food that contains more of biotin like egg yolk, yeast, tomatoes, walnuts, soyabeans, carrots, cow’s milk, goat’s milk, cucumber, oats, almonds, etc. These help to slow down graying of hair.
- Bhringraj if consumed or use of bhringraj oil is very good for hair.
- Apply a mixture of bottle gourd juice with olive oil or sesame oil for premature Graying.
- Clove oil and neem oil is good for treating premature Graying.
- Prepare a decoction of black walnut and water. Apply this on hair and leave it for 30 min.
- Apply arnica oil on scalp and hair to prevent Hair Loss and Graying.
- Prepare a paste of mango seeds powder and amla powder. Apply this on scalp and hair.
- Regularly drink 1 glass carrot juice to deal with Graying of hair.
Proper nutritional diet, drinking plenty of water, avoid blow drying, ironing, using harmful shampoos and conditioners, are some simple steps to protect hair from damage. Regular washing of hair is important to clean dirt accumulated and allow hair to grow. The above simple and effective home remedies can help you solve the problem of Hair Loss and premature Graying.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.