What is Vomiting?
A forceful expulsion of contents of the stomach as a result of the contraction of the muscles of the stomach is known as vomiting. It is also called emesis. Many times you attempt to vomit but don?t expel anything, such a condition is known as retching.
Causes of Vomiting:
Overeating or drinking excessive alcohol, infections, migraine, stomach upset or virus, Flu, poisoning, acute gastritis, intestinal obstructions, peptic ulcers and many other factors cause vomiting. However, just like there are plenty of reasons for vomiting, there are also plenty of home remedies available that cure vomiting.
Home Remedies for Vomiting:
- Drink ginger tea with a little amount of sugar to cure vomiting.
- Cold lemon juice is also beneficial when it comes to stopping vomiting.
- Heat two cardamoms on a pan and make a powder and drink it with honey several times a day. This home remedy will quickly help you to get rid of vomiting.
- Peach bark tea, catnip, and holy basil also play a significant role in treating vomiting. You can consume these whichever form you like.
- A mixture of lime juice and mint juice with ginger juice and one teaspoonful of honey, when taken 2-3 times a day effectively, helps to treat vomiting.
- Drink onion juice after every 2 hours whenever you feel like vomiting.
- Drink the mixture of two teaspoonful of cumin seeds and water.
- If you vomit due to excess consumption of alcohol, then eat 1-2 slices of bread as this will soak all the liquid.
- Put some pieces of clove or cinnamon in your mouth; this is an instant way to get rid of vomiting.
- A mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar when taken with water also effectively stops vomiting.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two pieces and then add some rock salt. Lick the lemon till you feel better. This is one of the instant ways to stop vomiting.
- Avoid eating oily, heavy & unhealthy foods and spicy foods whenever you are vomiting.
So follow these home remedies whenever you suffer from vomiting. All these home remedies are easy and proven methods that help to get rid of vomiting. Apart from using these home remedies also keep in mind that you need to avoid solid foods after 12 hours of vomiting. Drink more and more fluids such as water, non-acid drinks and vegetable juices.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Most of the ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have less side effects.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kinds of ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified ayurvedic doctor only and contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.