The most common problem people face these days is with urinary tract. The bacterial infection in urinary tract can lead to many health issues and one such painful problem is Dysuria which refers to painful urination.
Dysuria is typically described as burning sensation during urination. It can be caused due to urinary tract infection, STD, bladder stones, bladder tumors or virtually any condition of prostate.
Dysuria can also be a result of side effect of some medicines used for Parkinson’s disease. In Ayurveda, Dysuria is known as mootrakrichhra which means urine difficulty.
The common symptoms of Dysuria includes pain while passing urine, burning sensation while urine and over heat of body.
There are simple and very useful home remedies for the treatment of Dysuria.
- Massage lower abdomen with luke warm sesame oil for 20-30 min and then sit in a tub with luke warm water in it.
- Powder the bark of three leaved caper tree (varun) and mix it in equal proportion with puncture pine (gokhru). Consume 1 tablespoon of this mix with water twice a day.
- Boil 10-12 basil leaves in 1 cup of water for 15 min. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and have it twice a day.
- Drink lots of water at least 8-10 glasses so you can pass urine very often. Water is very good to wash out the toxins from body and to stop infections from growing in urinary tract. The slightly acidic nature of urine will kill the bacteria.
- Buttermilk is very helpful as it contains good bacteria. It helps in digestion, fights against infections, improves immunity and contains good amount of calcium, potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, etc.
- Cucumber is cold and so helps in reducing the burning sensation during urination. Cucumber helps in bringing down body heat to normal level.
Extract cucumber juice and take 1 cup of it. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon juice. Drink this juice thrice a day till the burning sensation is completely gone. Add a little salt and pepper to taste if required.
- Tender coconut is very helpful in treating Dysuria. It helps in cooling down body temperature, metabolism, builds immunity, removes harmful bacteria activities, prevents and treats urethral stones. Drink tender coconut twice a day till the problem is solved.
- Ginger is known for its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Drink 1 tablespoon of ginger juice with honey once a day or you can have ginger juice added to milk.
- Carrot juice every day can help you build immunity, fight against bacteria, improves metabolism. Carrot juice helps in maintaining normal pH level of urine and in reducing the burning sensation during urination.
- Coriander seeds have anti inflammatory properties which help in protecting urinary tract from infections. Boil 1 teaspoon coriander seeds in 1 glass of water for couple of min. Strain and drink the cooled water twice a day.
- Cardamom is very helpful for Dysuria as it diuretic in nature and it helps in normal urination. It also helps in removing toxins from blood, prevents bladder stone formation and water withholding. Drink 1 glass of luke warm milk mixed with powder of seeds of cardamom.
- Cranberry juice is very helpful in treating urinary tract infection. It helps to recover faster from the bacterial infection. Drink fresh cranberry juice every day till the problem is solved.
By changing the food and lifestyle, you can actually reduce the chances of Dysuria. Try to drink lots of fluid and do not stay out in sun for a longer period of time. Spicy, sour and salty food is very tempting but at the same time it can affect your health very badly. Try to avoid eating such foods instead try having more fruits and vegetables that can help you achieve good health.
You may also like..
Disclaimer : Ayurveda treatment is hugely based on body type, hence physical check up is necessary by an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctor for proper medicine prescription.We strongly suggest that all kind of Ayurvedic medicines and/or herbs should be taken under supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor only. Ayurvedic medicines and herbs are natural, hence have least side effects when taken in controlled dosages.But we suggest you not to take any chance by treating yourself to regret later.
Contents of this site should be used for reference purpose only.